Monday, October 12, 2009

Remembered History


Today was a day for reflection (lack of a better word). Today is my mom's birthday and Saturday will mark the 8th month of her passing. So I thought I would share some of the wonderful things I remember of my short time with my mommy. We had this inside joke that I miss terribly. Ever since I was a teenager I would tell her I was "tired, cranky, and didn't feel good" to get out of school. After I became an adult I would call her an announce myself that way so she would know I needed a bitch fest. It got to where she would answer the phone saying "let me guess, you are tired, cranky, and don't feel good" with a laugh in her voice.
I remember her helping me deliver my girls. My itty bitty mom trying like hell to hold one of my mammoth legs. I almost pushed her out of the window of the hospital with Lauren. And she was gracious enough not to bring up the fact that I covered her in after birth. With Aileen, she was there the whole time and didn't get to nap. I went into labor at 10pm and had Aileen at 6am and she was right there the whole time.
When we lived in Colorado we would take road trips in out little Suzuki and Stewart and I would make up lyrics to songs and it would crack her up. She would take us to all of these beautiful places especially in the fall (her favorite time of year) to see the leaves changing.
I miss my mom. I miss her everyday. Today she would have been 58. She was taken from us way to soon. So I am tired, cranky, and don't feel good Ma, can I take my toys and come home?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love you. Your mother was a fantastic woman. There aren't enough words in the world to express how I feel about you....

3:04 PM  
Blogger Mama of 4 Blessings said...

What a beautiful picture of them Morgie. Your mom is greatly missed by so many who's lives she touched. I am thankful that she was in mine if even for a glimpse, she was such a blessing:) Hugs

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home