Monday, August 25, 2008

Time management

The title is a huge issue for us. Take today (or so far of it) for example. Up with the boys at 630. Get breakfast for boys, coffee for mommy and daddy. Wake girls. Hand boy duty over to them so we can get dressed. Boys decide they want to get dressed at the same time we do so as we are putting on our clothes we are also aiding them (you try dressing an autistic 2 year old that HATES shirts while only one arm and your neck is in yours). OK boys and parents are dressed. Now the girls, and if you thought the first set was insane we then have the showering, blow drying, lip gloss applying Malay of the girls getting ready.

Once we are all prepared to leave our comfort zone, Will loads Fletcher and his Mickey Mouse back pack into the Neon and I load Lauren, Aileen, and Aiden into the truck. Off to CHKD for Fletcher and the clinic on Oceana for us. Aileen's doctor filled out the wrong physical form and try outs for football start today so we have to get this done now. Quickly learn that the doctor that originally signed off on her physical is no longer there so we scramble to find someone to sign this new form. 45 minutes later we are told the doc will get to it in an hour or so. Nice. We leave to come back home where I write the budget for next month (OUCH) and get all the checks ready to mail. At 1030 Will and Fletcher still aren't out of CHKD yet and we are supposed to be in Chesapeake at 11. Will pulls up at 1040, we transfer Fletcher, leave Aileen with Aiden and off we go to Carolina mobility to get Fletcher his custom stroller. After insisting the nice man give Fletcher a ride in his wheel chair (no I am not kidding) and a screaming, head banging fit later, Fletcher is measured and ready to order his new stroller/wheel chair thingy.
Home we go and it is naps for boys and Will to work and me back to Oceana to pick up the physical. Get that, run to the NEX and the commissary, and back home I go. Will calls to let me know he is now production supervisor (Yippee). Boys wake up and I take my itty bitty 9 pound baby girl to football tryouts for middle school. Welcome to my life. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOh and you squeezed in emergency children custody stuff "just in case" and dealt with phone calls and texting! I am soo impressed by your multitasking abilities!

11:54 PM  
Blogger bex said...

You will be my Jedi Master!! I will transport the Dobson family to Washington so you can better mentor me. Not to mention than I can better assist with child care necesities!!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home