Thursday, June 11, 2009

Homeschool or not?






















That is the question we have been debating all year. Our reasons are all good ones in my opinion (there are at least 4 pregnant girls at Aileen's school, Laurens was in lock down 3 times this year, and Fletcher's teacher didn't know until yesterday that he was autistic, not developmentally delayed) but there are also cons to this. The biggest being my sanity as I will take on the brunt of the work. With being in school myself will I have enough time to do it all? The boys' aids can help with homeschooling them but will I be able to challenge Aileen to the level that I know she is at. Then yesterday we get a letter stating that Lauren has another audition at ODC (artistically gifted academy) for dance. What to do if she gets accepted? I am not to worried about the socialization aspect of homeschooling. Anyone who has met my kids know that they are not in the least bit shy. I would love opinions and feedback from those who read us! And as an added bonus here are some pics of the boys with their "ladies"

















3 Comments:

Anonymous Gin said...

what to do?? what to do!! but i swear those kids just get cuter by the minute! my god son is the CUTEST if i do say so myself! your life would be so boring without them all!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Mama of 4 Blessings said...

Is that Aileen in the black & white dress?
I agree with Gin, cute kids they are!
Lot's of families are going to homeschooling these days. Can't say I blame them either. We have considered putting Dawna either in private schools or homeschooling ourselves. If we could find a private school we could afford on a Navy salary we would do it in a heartbeat. Good luck with whatever you decide!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous bex said...

beautiful beautiful boys!! I would have homeschooled Austin if I had patience, the attention span or the talent of being a good teacher. But I don't and instead he's struggled his way through.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home