Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Better days

Today was a better day for Mr. Crabby Pants. He has been sitting up on his own for 30 minutes at a time but nothing takes the place of his jumper. He loves sweet potatoes and cereal. He HATES peaches, I mean if you could see his face you would think that we gave him liver or something. Every other night he sleeps through the night so that is defiantly a plus. Mainly when he wakes up in the middle of the night he just wants to snuggle. He loves his sisters or should I say Aileen's hair. He is fascinated by it. He will grab handfuls of it and pull on it and chew on it. He only does it to her though. He likes to play peek a boo with her. Lauren, I think, terrifies him. She talks to him in this really high pitched voice that scares him. I am sure once he is mobil though, they will have a blast together. Bath time is a highlight for all of us. He splashes like there is no tomorrow. And he soaks everything. We have found water in the hallway from his kicking and carrying on.
Aileen is too smart for her own damn good. She is getting nervous about school starting. She is great at making friends but Aileen is so eager to have them, that they push her around (which is ironic considering how freaking tall she is). They tease her about her overbite, her height, her beauty mark, and the fact that she can answer every question given in class. I am hoping that they can get her moved into the Gifted Program rather quickly and that will cut down on the teasing a little. She is very excited to have the Brownie troop again and even more excited that I am her leader, she brags LOL. I am looking forward to it also. I can't wait to get started.
Lauren needs school. Or I should day that I need her to go to school. I know there will be many a note sent home about her talking. The girl does not lack social skills. She is getting excited for Daisy's to start. I am a little nervous as they are a younger bunch of girls. I am sure that we will do great though. She has asked for a hair cut before school and I am dealing with that. We will see when the time gets near.
Will is ready for the Navy and school to be over. He doesn't like having to cram time in with his family but we do a fair job of it. There are days that we don't see each other for morethen 5 minutes. He is still doing well in school and his supervisors are impressed with his work s ohe is doing something right. I am impressed with the surprise he has planned for Labor Day....Is there an epidemic where no one can keep a secret from me. The last time I remember a successful attempt was when my mom knew that my brother was coming out to visit before I had Lauren. That was nearly 6 years ago. LOL
And then there is me. I am now the Brownie Recruit Organizer, the service unit Cookie Chair and the co-chair for Fall Product sales. All for the girl scouts. Plus the 2 troops. Needless to say I will be very busy this year. Hopefully it will fly by and we can move home again. My mother was sweet enough *note sarcasm* to share there nice 54 degree morning. I know that we are supposed to honor thy mother but what is the rule on stringing her up by her little size 5's?
Anyway that is us for now. I am sure there will be more to share and pictures to see here soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wude!! Then I guess I shouldn't tell you it is 50 this morning. Can't wait to hear all the escapades from school and scouts!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home