Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Autism Files Part 2

Today has been overly emotional and draining and hopeful all at the same time. Aiden is not ADHD, nor does he have Asperger's. Aiden is autistic. He is on the higher end of the spectrum then Fletcher but he is mildly to moderately autistic. After crying to the point where my parents could barely understand me, encouraging text messages and phone calls, a few hugs, I pulled myself together and got on the ball. I found out about his diagnosis at 11am. By 2pm, I had a speech therapist lined up, have him on the waiting list for ABA therapy, let ECHO know to look for his packet so they can start his services, and have a preschool assessment set up for Thursday.
Today was also the first GATES (Gaining Autism Training Education and Support) meeting . The ladies were wonderful to Will and I as we struggle with this new twist to our life. We also get to have one of the top behaviorist in the nation work with the boys tomorrow and if all goes well, monthly. She is generously waiving her fee for us this month and going to help us get started on an at home ABA program and behavior modification. We learned a lot of new things that we will begin to incorporate into our vocabulary and adventures.
So if you have lost count that is 1 gifted child, 1 ADD child, and 2 with Autism. Hang on to your hats folks, it is going to be a bumpy ride!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama of 4 Blessings said...

Hang in there Morgan! It's always nice to have lot's of support around to strengthen and encourage you! It looks like you definately got all your ducks in a row:)

I hope you have a good support system there other then your aids to help give you breaks and all. You will need them:) Your in our prayers here always!

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I mentioned in my text, you have BEAUTIFUL and talented and GIFTED children, regardless of what the doctors diagnose. I am also so incredibly impressed with your ability to be a step ahead of the game and get all the doctors, therapists, etc lined up to take care of your kids. Hold strong baby! We love you!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home