Sunday, July 23, 2006

I need a nap



This week was my 2o something birthday. So on Wednesday we had a party here. Nothing big, just a few friends, a BBQ, and a lot of liquor. Well Tuesday Fletcher starting vomiting. Wednesday he was going for distance. Made it a good 3 feet in most cases. Wednesday night he went for distance and volume. He was keeping NOTHING down. So first Thursday morning I was harassing the clinic for an appointment. We see this really great doc. He tells me that it might be pyloric stenosis but since he is still urinating, lets try a special formula and see if that helps over night. If it doesn't we will get you into the Naval hospital ASAP. Thursday night was the worst. All the poor boy did was wretch, gag, or vomit. I called Will at 3am to tell him that Fletcher and I still hadn't slept for the 3rd straight night and we weren't going to make it to his reenlistment ceremony (he signed up for another 2 years). He gets home at 630 am, scoops up the baby and goes to Portsmouth Naval hospital. After 6 ours they decide to admit him and do the surgery for pyloric stenosis ASAP, as Fletcher is now not peeing and is getting dehydrated. pyloric stenosis is basically a muscle that over grows and blocks the stomach from emptying into the intestines. So Friday Fletcher had his first surgery at the tender age of 31 days old. He came home last night and he is doing much better. He is sore and spitting up and wanting to be held 24/7 but all is well so far with his tummy. Welcome to 28. I wonder what the hell 29 will bring? Oh and yes I did have a Pirates of the Caribbean cake. What girl wouldn't want Orlando and Johnny dipped in frosting?

2 Comments:

Blogger Midori said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I am amazed because you are half a year younger than me and have four kids!!! ;-)

Glad to hear that Fletcher is doing ok, I didn't manage to get to the computer but I was thinking about you guys over the weekend.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Darla said...

Glad to hear you had a fantastic bday! And good to hear that Fletcher has stopped his projectile vomiting!
Lovely tiara.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home